Jun 15, 2016
In this episode we take three lessons from The Walt Disney Company: Learning from the Past, Momentum, and Opening New Doors.
"Around here, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things." –Walt Disney Company
• It's important to look backwards, learn from history, mistakes, successes
• Don't look back too long, don't get stuck in the past
• Don't get distracted (we share a story about how Ginny raced and kept watching the other racers), instead look forward
•Goes with our Episode 11 "You Have to Start Somewhere."
• It takes work to start but it gets easier when you gain momentum to keep going, though it still takes work
• It's also easy to get off track and lose momentum.
• Discovery is fun. Always be exploring new ideas and ventures.
• Find new ideas to improve what you already have
• Find completely new things to pursue
• Keeps you from getting stale and stagnant